Sunday, September 23, 2007

mooncake festival

2007 mooncake festival celebration@carpenter street, kuching (19 – 25 sept).

An annual event here in the street of old buildings with fine architecture – so far, has never missed ‘attendin’ this event! Haha… though it was raining / drizzling last night, this time arnd, went with my ol pals. To my disappointment, there weren’t much to see, unlike the previous years - Lil sis and I ate this and that from almost every stalls! Haha… JK! But this year, the stalls has lessen in number, and the variety oso. Too bad.

Oh yea, the first time I ate the ‘malak mien’ (szechuan noodle, I guess) was during this fest, years ago… with porkey. Haha… back then, tot it was really NOT tasty! Haha… but now, I’ve grown to LOVE it~ a lot! Hahaa…
And, these HUGE lanterns, I SAID I’VE NEVER SEEN EM THERE BEFORE THIS YEAR, but the rest of my frens said that those lanterns were there the previous years~ HOW COME? I really have not noticed these huge bawangs before leh! The biggest I saw was a year when they hung ONE huge one, but different type and the motif on that was of a Chinese Opera mask – at the side of the courthse. Got mer? I'm not that blind kua? These are HUGEly huge leh. Impossible I dun notice em the years before, IF they were there! Hehe…

2 comments:

PC said...

oi.. porkey here porkey there! i POKE ur head baru tau..

anyway, i know 1 supa good reason why not many stalls this year..
its because..IM NOT THERE!!!!!

i wanna eat.. szechuan noodles!!! malak malak malak mieennnN!!!

gingee said...

yea rite... everything in the world happens because of you, porkey.... yea rite. hehehe...

kesian, wen u back i bring u go eat la... kelian betul. haha...