Thursday, July 26, 2007

it's complicated.

(stil cudnt sleep! the result of bathing in the middle of the nite la!)
anwy, why do some ppl chose to put their stat as "it's complicated" in frenster. haha... it sometimes made me wonder (especially when im too overly free or moody) how complicated can it be? hehe...
but im sure each has their own COMPLICATED story to tell.
and, (forgive me, its gona be long again, this post). and it reminded me of how when i broke up with my ex yearS ago, i was in my 1st uni year then - i wrote my 'story' to a magazine. and if ur lucky, they mite just chuz ur story as the winner of the monthly prize. neh, the section where readers write stuffs related to the mag's previously-discussed-topics and if chosen, will be featured in a page.
NOTE: the editor will choose SOME letters that they thought is worthy and published em all in ONE page. so, the writers will get a tiny lil space for their stories, eg. 5 or 8 SHORT letters in 1 page? somehow, mine DID NOT manage to win anyting, meaning to say, my letter a.k.a. my story wasnt good enuf to win their heart for that month's prize (what was tat, i cant remember tho. din expect to win anywy).
but my intention of writing in wasnt to win anything la.. duh! was 'fresh-from-the-oven' break-up, and was just writing in to tel SOMEBODY whom i do not know, and vice versa of my feelings then. (cudnt trust a single soul to share my story with! heheh... very secretive ler me? hehe...)
anyway, when i was reading all the stories in that page, i was dissapointed cos mine wasnt at all featured. wad more to say win! LOL... cos its USUALLY all-in-one page kinda thing nia mar.
that page, i did not win antg, was not featured in any of the 5 to 8 short letters there, BUT! to my surprise, haha... when i flip over to the next page, my letter was published in ONE FULL PAGE! haha... single page only lar. but full page leh! with my oh-so-simple manglish! i was soooooo shocked! (AND I ONLY KNEW ABOUT MY LETTER BEING PUBLISHED WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME DESIGN REFERENCES FROM A STACK OF OLD MAGAZINES KEPT IN THE OLD CUPBOARD IN MY PORCH! magazines which were bot by my elder sis some more! LOL! so u can imagine how shocked i was wen i came across that FAMILIAR LOOKING letter!!)
so, wen the letter was published, the incident was wayyyy over already. was sooo lafing my head out reading it then (in my car porch)! cos i was the one asking for the break, yet i cud stil come up with a 'story to tell'?? haha. i amazed myself! haha... many many many ppl din know about tis, i gues, only 3 person including myself knew about it then. haha... tol 2 very close pals about it - but only wen the mag cudnt be bought from the market! haha. so now, everyone who reads this knows. haha... and many of whom, din even know about me having a bf then! hahaha... LOL> no big deal la.
surprised huh? how a stupid lil story can be featured full page! haha.. but too bad, i kept my email in my previous mailbox, which is no longer active (was sent to the editor via email). my sis (elder sis) wud 'kill' me wen she reads this! hahaha.... sorry la, i myself oso wish i can read the letter now, but cannot be retrieved liau. hehe. too bad.
guess this showed 2 things.
1. i am a "sweet" person, aint i? who on earth writes their break-up story n get published, rite? (LOL... I AM seriously JUST KIDDING!)
ok ok. seriously. i guess it showed 1 thing.
~ i am good at writing... (SUPER long, broken-english stuffs like this one too), aint i? hehehehee....(ya, i know that! LOL) ~
* many wud feel like cekik-ing me now, im sure. hahaha... LOL. cheers, ppl! and take care!
(in return of not 'killing' me over this post, che... im gona start designin ur stuffs now. 1.48am. hehe. at lis, til im sleepy! haha. AND! dont ever bath in the middle of the cold nite next time! hmmmph!)

2 comments:

Pearpear said...

wad!!!!!!!
the magazine that i bot...with ur story in it, n
somemore never SHARED the story with me thim!!!!!
apalah.......sms u now! hmppph!!!!!

Pearpear said...

speaking of which....hmm.....
me too! i wrote to CLEO but bout my then wonderful bf.....surname LEE punya.....i still think he's one very nice guy.....but sayang lah...too unadventurous and takut his mummy, so I also takut him lah...LOL!
but i won a watch worr....from being featured in the mag! what brand liau...cant remember....adidas watch i think....hepi nye...also in my 1st year at uni...
COINCIDENCE nye......
***No, i guess it shows how WU LIAU 1st year students are! LOL