Thursday, January 11, 2007

“Whatever I do, I do with confidence… but the outcome? It’s another story”.

11 January 2007, 1150am.

A friend said something recently, errm… like few days ago? Haha. Something that I thought was sooo true.

“Whatever I do, I do with confidence… but the outcome? It’s another story”.

True huh? I thought so too. I guess, most of the time, no normal being can force the outcome of something, no matter how confident they are. Personally, I think, as long as I’ve tried my best and I’ve really put in all my efforts, then if the outcome is really not what I expected, at least, I can still be at peace with myself. Haha.

Omigosh! I think I'm in CNY mood liau. Haha! Mati! Haha… All I can think of since I started working (May 06) is, HOLIDAYS! HOLIDAYS! HOLIDAYS! Hahahah! Not that I don't like my job, I love it… but I prefer to work, then take a break, then work again, and after a while, break. Haha. Unlike my boss and d wife – feeling guilty for taking few days off from their work to go traveling!! Hehe. Even now, since yesterday, been negotiating with my boss on the total of off days I get for CNY. Haha! But, like I said earlier, being workaholics themselves, I dare not hope for more than the usual lar. Just HOPEFULLY, PRAYFULLY that they will gip me more off days! Hahahaha! Keep telling them, CNY period, business won't be soooo ‘hiong’ lar… haha. Everyone will be taking leaves lar, so why needa come back so early and do nothing, correct? Haha… I can just gip whatever reasons I can think of, just to get me more off days! That is why daddy always says that I ‘catch snake’. Haha. Even said, all the ‘snakes’ in the whole Ang Cheng Ho area’s been caught by yours truly already! Hahaha! LOL. Cish! Haha… how can a father commented such of his own daughter! Hahaha… laugh dead me!~ Anyway, I really hope my boss is kind enough! Seeing that I have already taken ALL my annual leaves for the may 07 – april 08 period! And its not even the end of my 1st year working here yet! Cham! Hahaha… and, since coming back to work after the new year holidays, I’ve been bringing to office those CNY cookies that mum made (for samples, requested by people! Haha. 2nd type of cookie liau today. Haha). Boss ‘accused’ me of trying to create a CNY holiday mood here in the office! Whahahaha! LOL! I'm innocent! Just bringing those for my own consumption nia! And for the lady boss. Hehe. No other intention! Haha…

Ha! Just got a call now! From a friend whom I’ve known since… errm… almost forever! Haha… telling me bout the airasia’s free tix promo. Asking me whether to go Bali o not? Hahaha! Or Bangkok. But anyway, will be meeting her and another close friend of ours this coming Sunday afternoon. Been SO long since the three of us last met! Looking forward to it! Hehehe! Don't care about the bombing lar. Hehe... but then, always plan nia nia, but never really accomplish what we planned! Haha… hopefully, this is for real! ;-P

Btw, these 2 days, boss and wife not here. So, that’s why you can see me catching another snake now. Haha. Nah, I am not like that! It is PURELY because I have nothing much to do, except creating the corporate identity for a law firm. Hmmm, won't take long, that one. Aside from that, nothing much for today! So I'm self-extending my lunch hour, eating the cookies I brought, “happy cny, people!” haha… and typing away. Haha. My boss is out dealing with people the whole day, and my lady boss is sick since yesterday afternoon. Even tapao-ed a pack of mini ‘kueh topi’ for me this morning when she came for work, but later goes home again… coz still not feeling well. I don't exactly go for lunch, you see. I eat junks in the office. Haha. Cookies lar, titbits lar, kuehs, keropoks, etc etc. haha. Ok! Back to work. See, tol ya, I'm don't simply catch snakes! ;-P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, honestly..i mis ur mum's cny cookies too... hehe..

gingee said...

hehe! so cute. whoever left tat "cookie" msg, i treat tat as a compliment on behalf of my mum. haha.. but aiyo, identify urself lar. hehe... ;-)

Anonymous said...

aiyo... how come this guy suddenly post this comment here one?? comment in wrong post dy lar..