Saturday, March 31, 2007

no offence!!

31 March 2007, Saturday evng
In a way, it is good that they had this prophet muhd! then, that is how I can have my hols today! LOL… hahaha… JK! JK! no offence peeps! I WAS JUST KIDDING!
Well, as we are all aware of, lately the Chinese have been busying themselves with the ‘Ching Ming’ festival. Wad you call this fest in English, I have no idea at all. hahaha… even the hitz.fm announcer also mentioned ‘ching ming’. And, is it a “festival” or not, I also have no idea. Whatever lar… doesn’t matter. haha… btw, this is especially a very kinda major ‘festival’ for the Buddhist (?) or those who worship the idols etc. NOT FOR MY FAMILY, AS IN, MY PARENTS AND US SIBLINGS – WE DON’T PRAY TO THOSE. CHRISTIANS, remember? haha… anyway, this is when the children or family members of the deceased go to the graveyards (?) to (based on MY extended family’s history, and before we were Christians), went there to:
1. clean the yards (once in a year! hahaha…)
2. bring offerings, as in those foods, joss sticks, paper money, fruits, etc etc.
3. some people even ‘ask’ to strike 4D numbers, etc when they “pray” (?) (if this never happened in your family, good for u. but it happened in mine! hahaha… SO used to it already since small, watching those relatives ‘asking’ for numbers! tsk tsk tsk. so sincere, huh? hahaha… again, I’ll have to say, NO OFFENCE!)
4. burn all those paper stuffs, as in, paper money, paper wadever u can see in the market nowadays, etc etc and ‘throw’ those colorful thin paper stripes on the grave, etc
5. oh! one big rule in my family last time when we went there was, even though u went as one big family, with all your uncles, aunties, etc etc… YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CALL EACH OTHER BY NAMES! haha… funny huh? of cos, all these rounds back to, ta daaa… ‘pantang’, a.k.a. superstitions. eg, if u usually call someone ermm… ‘Aunt Shirley’, when u were there, u have to minus off the name. so, if those kids esp, they forgot, or got sooo used to calling the ‘aunt’ + ‘name’, hah! sure got bombed! hahaha… I dun exactly know wad the pantang is actually.
6. duno wad else, canot recall. but I think more or less all these lar…
but today, like the past few years, my own family, we went there with a bouquet of flowers, and then, ta daaa… we were home! hahaa… and my lil bro, just now, when we were there, he suggested one thing to me. u know how messy and unorganized a tanah perkuburan is, rite? especially the older ones. so, as usual, we gota SEARCH for the rite graves! haha… and I tell u, all the graves looked more or less the same! haha… we spent quite some time looking for the right ones! haha… and when we finally found that two, my bro said, “ling, u can go and design one SIGNBOARD liau, and put it here. so that we don’t have to soooo susahly search next time!” LOL! crazy! hahaha… laf dead me there js nw! my gudiness! imagine a signboard written, “we are here!” hahaha… just imagine when your other relatives, they go there separately, and saw the signboards! hahaha! LOL! JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING! hahahahaha… don’t take me too seriously here, cos when u dun take me too seriously, then u wont get offended reading this post. and I dun have to keep saying, “no offence, people!” haha…'
ok. ok. enuf about that. or else, people will say that I am terribly rude for making fun of this festival! haha…
anyway, other topic. haha…
when u realized u were staring at someone kinda frequently, u will feel ‘paiseh’ or awkward, rite? but wad if, EVERYTIME u found yourself staring at that person, haha… that person was actually staring at you also? hahaha! so, does that mean that you shudnt feel ‘paiseh’? cos if that person does not stare at you, that means, he/she wont know that u were staring, and ONLY WHEN he was staring at you THAT frequently also, then he will know that you were staring at him. AM I RIGHT, OR AM I RIGHT? hahahaha… LOL! so, I guess I AM right, right?? haha… meaning, no such awkwardness if both party are doing the same thing, rite? hahahaha! LOL. ok. I gota stop lol-ing now! hahaha… btw, such dramatic thing, did not happen to me, ok. haha! was watching a movie js nw, and the lead actor and actress were arguing over who was staring at who, and it reminded me of when I was in johor, this happened to my two frens oso. hahaha… so cute! balik balik, ok lar… u two were staring at each other lar… haiyo! LOL… the standard reply was, “if u din stare at me, how did u know I was staring at u?!” hahaha… errrr, true? hahahah!
yay! I shall be off to kl next thurs night. this coming Thursday, I mean. yay! holiday! yay!
and then, there’s one more thing that I encountered lately. lately as in, since late last year til now. haha… insurance. we are planning to get one for ourselves – a few of my frens and i. met a few agents, of the same two companies, and they had us realized that, insurance policies, they can be more or less the same. but when it comes to the agent, I tell u, u gota be REALLY good esp when communicating, then only can u strike a deal. previously, we were ok with the policy, but were actually, ‘agent-searching’! hahaha… how ridiculous is that! but its true! haha. the agent cudnt convince us to let her be our agent. the policy is ok, but not the agent. hehe…
o ya, to those who had been to kuching but not recently, kuching will be a lil different now from what you’ve seen one or two years prior. haha… the few-cabang-punya-flyovers at bdc (?) roundabout is about to be completed and ready for use! hehe… but I myself still haven’t clarify which leads to where yet! hahaha… as usual.

1 comment:

Pearpear said...

If the PERSON (cant remember who) who EXPLAINED this to me when i was a mere kiddo is CORRECT, here is the explanation to why you are not allowed to call the exact name of persons when visiting graves:

They takut the SPIRITS around EM (teng teng teng teng!!!) would pickup that name, mark the person, and follow him/her and probably haunt her in one way or another lah....something lidat....

(but arh, bear in mind, the PERSON explaining this to me MIGHT be making stories to me too borr...hard to say......anyways, IT"S JUST RIDICULOUSly amusing!)